Thursday, June 19, 2008

New Tricks at 16weeks



While we were in Cali, I decided to try out some new tricks in order to impress all of my admirers. I began showing serious signs of rolling over from my back to my tummy. I started by arching my back, looking at things beside me and above me, and twisting my torso. Then one day, it just kind of happened, right off the couch and into grandpa Blair’s arms… he was supervising and decided to watch and see if I could do it, well, I showed him! Now that we are home I have fully mastered this skill. I even do it when I don’t want to, like when I’m protesting a nap, nothing makes me more mad than winding up on my tummy. I can only roll over my left shoulder right now so I have become a left side sleeper. It freaked mom out to find me sleeping on my tummy one morning nap. I also rolled once, and very much accidentally and to my surprise, from my tummy to my back. It really scared me so I haven’t purposely tried that one again yet. Another new trick that mommy loves for me to perform is my laugh. I’m very stingy with right now, showing it off only at random times when she least expects it. I don’t even give her the joy of letting her provoke it out of me, only big grins go towards her heroic efforts. For the time being my Mr. Bear toy is uninteresting since it restricts my rolling motion and I would much rather chew on rings or plastic keys. I’m also trying very hard to reach for things, but my neurons just aren’t firing on the same page yet, my arms go every which way when something catches my eye. Anything and everything are game for slobbering on, especially my fingers or mom and dad’s shoulders. I’ve also decided, well, mom decided… that its time for my own sleeping space…. Something about when I wake up next to her there is no going back to sleep without a nursing, even its only 5min. So to my crib I went, begrudgingly of course, and after the tears of learning that I can fall asleep and stay asleep without mom, or rocking, or my paci had passed I am now sleeping more at night and only whining about my daily naps. I still am a happy boy who is very happy to see my mommy when I wake up. I have more shots scheduled for Monday morning, we’ll see how much I’ve chunked up, mom thinks I’m well over 16lbs. I’m gonna talk to the doc about not starting solids, I’m pretty sure I convinced mom that I’m not ready when I gagged on a very small bite of mashed up pear the other day…. Mom says we’re not ready for that mess quite yet anyways… Well, I’m off to another nap, still enjoying 4 of those a day at roughly an hour a piece, maybe mom will take me outside in this beautiful 80degree weather when I wake up~


My cousin Caleb couldn't believe I could do all those things!

2 comments:

lizhoweth said...

Good recap, Jameson! You are already such a good writer!!

CUTE PICS!! He has definitely chunked up. Thanks for sharing these.

Eowyn's Heir said...

Jameson's look in the top pic (right after he rolled over) is SUCH a Leslie look!!:)